Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The results are in :(

Well,
bad news I got my results back today. I am gestationally diabetic. I have to make an appt with a specialist this week and go over my blood sugar levels, a new diet plan, and have the baby checked up on. There will be very regular checks for the baby and for me to be sure the growth rate is not too fast and my levels are in check. This whole thing is very sureal for me, I feel great, I dont feel like there is anything wrong with me at all and that makes it seem like there shouldnt be anything wrong. There are rarely ever symptoms with this however so it makes sense it just seems icky if you ask me!

Jamie being wonderful as ever printed up some new recipes for me just for this so that I can try new things and be healthy. I think that is going to be the hardest part for me, cooking and amazing food are such a huge part of my life that I cant imagine giving up some of the things I love best. my greatest fear is not being able to eat fruit, or at least not when Im craving it or just a snack any time I feel like it. I know it is natural sugar, but it can add up quickly.

There is not much I can do right now until I meet with the doctor and find a plan that is right for me. I have done some reading but there really is not a lot of detailed info because it is a case by case basis. As I said before it is just another challenge, I just worry so much that the baby will be at risk. I can deal with me, but knowing that something I am or am not doing might hurt our baby just makes me miserable. I hope that when we meet with the doctor we will be able to have a better understanding of how the baby is so far and what steps to take to keep things in the green.

This has just been one of those weeks again, I hope things start looking up as the week continues.

Until I know more, have a great night. I hope you all are well and happy.
Much love,
Ally and baby

1 comment:

  1. Ally,

    You will be fine girl! I have known so many mommies with GD who have the most healthy perfect babies! Don't stress girl...they just don't want that little one getting too big to come out :) Keep doing a great job and you will be past this before you know it!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete