Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Anticipation

Tomorrow is the big glucose test and so far Im doing ok with the waiting. Im sure things will be fine, it will hurt yes and be gross yes, but its only a few hours. It's not really any of that, it is just the though that there is a great possibility that I will have the gestational diabetes and to be totally honest, that scares me to death.

I dont really know anyone close anyway that has diabetes and so I hear things about how bad it can be and going into shock and having to carry shots around for emergencies. I dont tend to do so well in situations where from one minute to the next things can change so quickly. And too with the exception of during the pregnancy, I have not always been so great about eating on a regular schedule, some days I would be out running errands and look up at 4pm and realize I hadnt eaten all day and end up with a migraine. What happens if I have a day like that especially with my extremely forgetful preggie brain, will I be ok, what will hapen??

So many things that I really just dont know. I know its a lot of years ago but I always think of that scene with julia roberts in Steele Magnolias where she has these terrible episodes and doesnt know who she is or what terrible things she is doing, and then she get so sick and dies and its just awful! Again I know, Im sure its not as bad as all that anymore and it was an extreme case, but still extremes of fears right?

Well now that I have managed to depress everyone including myself, I really must move on to other things. There are some things I am looking forward to getting done this weekend, hopefully finishing the shower curtain for the nursery bathroom and the black out curtains for the nursery to go behind the cowboys on the range cafe curtains that grandma and I made earlier this year. There are so many things I am working on it will just be a matter of time and weekends of little chores to get them all done. I really am so excited to be doing all of this. It means so much to me that I can come from a family that is so creative. Nani taught me so many things growing up and now I get to put them all to good use making things for our baby to enjoy or use. Being able to fill our home with things made from my hands and my heart is so important to me. I cant wait till I actually get a few things done so I can share them with you!

I'll sign off for now. A very exciting episode of Gilmore awaits and Im already getting sleepy :)

Have a great night, and wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment