Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Boppies and crib sets and washclothes, oh my!

Registries... and I thought registering for the wedding was a lot, at least with that I knew what I liked and needed after a lot of years forming opinions on cooking and bath linens etc.

Registering for a baby you have never met is much harder. Being a first time momma takes a lot of guessing when it comes to deciding what your baby might like, or need or fit into. I am trying to get good advice from friends and family etc, only problem being, many people are equally ecstatic about the products they used and of course they often differ. Is one really better than another is it based on how the baby reacts to the product or how I like it and what I think it does well. It is much harder to know how things work on others when they cannot tell you what they like or don't. I grew up a Desitin girl and LOVE Johnson baby products, so my first instinct is to got with what I know. does that make them best, or does it just simply make them tried and true, at least for me. Does it really make that big a difference. For instance, I have found through many trials that I like Jergens lotion because it is not greasy, leaves my skin hydrated all day and has a very nice scent, but that does not mean that something like Aveeno is not better, it may just be better for my skin. But how am I to know what to register for, for a baby who is still inside me?

Well my answer to all of this in time for my registry, a few of the items I will register for two brands, try them and decide how I feel, some items I will stick with what I love and if it doesn't work I will try something else. Either way I think both baby and momma will turn out ok ;)

At the point behind all of my musings is the fact that Jamie and I finished our registries today. We decided for the sake of a very far spread family/friends that we would register at both Baby's R Us and Target. This way it is the most convenient. If anyone is interested the registries are listed in both our names and both have lots to choose from, probably far more than we will ever need, but its there to get us started. We have made note that the baby's room will be done in a cowboy/cowgirl theme either way and have found many cute items that go with our theme, but if anyone is having difficulties, our color pallet is in Yellow, Brown, and Green with accents of blue jeans and red corduroy. Farm animals, scenes etc are good as well.

We have also spent some time today getting furniture moved around for the nursery and the guest room as well as sorting through my pre-preggie clothes ... well that was interesting! I have this amazing and huge walk in closet, and now it looks pitiful! I am down to not much that fits and it will continue to shrink by the week. I have two skirts for work that I have to wear the waistband way up at my bra line in order to zip over my tummy, and those will be quick to go. I am down to 1 pair of pants and a pair of jeans a few tops and some sweaters. I will take some time this week to pull out all my fall/winter clothes and see if I cant extend my wardrobe a bit, hopefully my dresses will pull me through. Then I guess I will have to pick up a staple of two from the maternity dept. and add to the items that still fit well and we should be in business :)

Well It is time to start getting ready for the week and then off to bed so I will sign off. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Until tomorrow, sweetest dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment