Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Trip to the specialist

So today we met with the specialist about the Gestational Diabetes(GD). It was not what we expected and I think it was a crossed wires situation. We were under the understanding that we would meet with the nutritionist and find out about my carb count, taking my blood levels and what I could eat, exercise etc. which we did. We also thought, however that we would be doing the full exam today with the ultrasound and the measurements etc, which we did not do. apparently they want us in for that next week instead and to give them my first log of reading of my blood levels and list of foods Ive eaten.

Next week is also when we are supposed to have our 20 week visit with Dr Monteiro and we are to get the DVD of the baby on the ultrasound. I am really looking forward to that visit, but the nutritionist mentioned that I might not have that appt since all ultrasounds were now at their office considering my care. I am really hoping that I am able to do both at least for this visit as I dont want to miss out on this or miss out on sharing it with everyone. I have called my doctor to find out if this is still possible and am waiting to hear back from him tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I feel a ton better now though, since meeting the nutritionist. I am pretty much able to eat as I normally do with the exception of fruit juice. which I am soooo upset over, I will sacrifice for the baby of course, but it will be one thing I really crave a lot! I just need to change what I eat when so that I am sure to eat a bit of carbs at every meal instead of stacking them in the afternoon and evening. and if I do eat a small sweet, I cant eat it at dessert it must be mid afternoon as that is when I will metabolize the sugars best. I am actually looking forward to going shopping tomorrow, so that I can start eating normally again! I dont have my glucometer yet, as the insurance company had to have it shipped to us but will have it on Saturday. Then I will be better able to see how Im doing throughout the day.

I will keep you posted as things progress, hopefully the blood work the specialist ordered for me and the flu shot next week arent too awful! If its not one thing...Its twelve!! Well all for the sake of our little one so it really is not unbearable at all. I am still desperately awaiting that first little kick, any day now, so hopefully soon!

Have a great night.

xoxo
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment