The second ultrasound at the specialist hurt something awful! the technician pushed into my belly so hard I was bruised for three days and am still a bit tender, I am hoping the baby will be easier to see at the next visit, so she wont decide to push so hard!!
The heart rate was strong, between 137 and 140 at both apts. and the baby was moving quite a bit on the first visit, even wiggling the fingers for us to see a little wave! very exciting! We still managed to make it through both apts without finding out if the baby will be a boy or a girl so we are pretty pleased ;)
I am feeling good still, having a hard time with my blood draws though. I have to do 4 a day and my fingers dont want to bleed enough for the test strips. I am trying several techniques, and still some days have to prick 3-4 times before I get a good enough draw. My fingers hurt a lot and some days are a bit swollen from it all. I have had a few moments of complete frustration and feel sometimes like it is never going to work. I have to stop and remember that this is for the baby and thusly all worth it. Sobering fact really when you want to scream at those darn little test strips and throw the whole thing out the window. It really isnt terrible it just takes a lot of patience and acceptance.
The dietitian is very pleased though, my numbers are very good, so she feels at this point it is under control. We will continue to monitor it very closely as the weeks progress, and continue the same diet and exercise plan. I am still craving juice like there's no tomorrow, but get by on eating the fruit instead.
Jamie has been wonderful through all of this. He is eating the same way as I am and walking with me most days. He is so supportive and helps me with my blood draws when I get overwhelmed. He took me to buy some new comfy lounge pants and an ultra soft t-shirt this last weekend so that when I get home from work I can be completely comfortable. I really dont know what I'd do without him.
Well I had planned to include the video of the ultrasound on this posting, but it will take a bit of work to make it work so it will have to be a later post. But we are definitely working on it. More great stuff to come.
Have a great night.
much love,
Ally

No comments:
Post a Comment