Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Making progress on the house

This weekend we are painting the guest bedroom and I'm making curtains and a custom headboard for the bed. I am sooo excited to get all the pieces put together I think It will be great! The walls are going to be a dark teal called mermaids cove. The curtains are chocolate brown raw silk. And the headboard is a pattern that I have designed out of 4 fabrics sewn in strips across the front. I am using chocolate and teal to tie in the walls and curtains and then adding in lime and khaki for accents.

I have extra fabric that I will make into throw pillow and just for a fun punch I will add in magenta to a few things to keep it interesting. I am thinking of appliqué -ing a flourish onto some fabric and making custom shams for the pillows that are in there. I also want to make a bench cushion for the cedar chest that I have in there to be a comfy spot to sit. There is also a mirror that I plan to paint to coordinate with the colors and styles and will rehang with some artwork or stretched fabric in patterns of similar colors.
It is raining here now which is great, but hopefully there will be a break in the rain tomorrow so we can air out the rooms that are being painted. I will have to be a good girl and stay up in my sewing room so I dont inhale too much for the baby. It will be a great way to keep me working on my curtains. and then all I will have left is assembling the headboard since I finished the fabric cover today.

Hopefully we will have it all done by next weekend, as my cousin Donald is coming into town for a conference and will be staying with us. I want to have it at least in a nice condition by then. Deadlines might actually get us to get it finished!

Next it will be on to the nursery and the nursery bathroom. we might even get some of it painted tomorrow, but we will have to see.

Then on to fall decorations!!! Stay tuned. Have a great night.

xoxo
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment