I just realized how long it has been since I posted last, sorry to keep you waiting on news. Things have been fun and busy the past few weeks. We had our visit
from cousin Donald, and we had a great time. Introduced him to fried mac and cheese!! It was a hit!
We had our second painting party to do the nursery, it is a bright yellow and so cheery. It really brings out the color of the wood and the drapes. I cant wait to put up the shelves and get it all set up for baby. We also finished the nursery bathroom, the blue is amazing!!! We also picked up the yellow towels to match the ducky theme and they just pop off the blue, it is great!
The Guest room is coming together, we hung up the night stand shelves and have put in the curtains. We are still yet to install the headboard and wall shelves, and move the mirror, but it will all come together over the next few weeks.
I would like to say a BIG Thank You to all the people that helped us paint over the past few weeks, y'all are the best neighbors / friends anyone could ask for and we are so blessed to have you.
Baby has been kicking a lot lately which is sooo exciting. Jamie got to feel his first real "soccer" kick as he calls it the other night. That was awesome! I have been trying to have him be able to feel the kicks for a while, but baby was just not cooperating and would stop or roll before he had a chance to. He wonders how it doesnt make me motion sick especially since they will just keep getting stronger?? ;) Only two weeks to go until the third trimester. Things are really progressing so quickly, I cant believe it. I am enjoying every minute of it and am so thrilled to be pregnant!! I cant wait to meet our little one in a few short months! I find my self often looking at these amazing Texas sunsets or lightning storms and think of how much I cant wait to share this great big world with our baby. There really is so much to see and experience and I can barely wait!
Dodge and Tess are doing great as well. Dodge is getting bigger by the minute! He is over 35 lbs now and would love it if every minute he could be on our laps!! He will forever be a little lap dog in his mind, no matter how big he gets! We are playing fetch right now with his ducky while I write, he gets so excited to fetch it all day long! He had his sunday cookie today, a greenies teeth cleaning treat that is shaped like a toothbrush, it is super cute and he loves them, and its great, it gives me a chance to clip his nails!! Now if only there was something to keep Tess distracted while I clip her nails, we'd be in business! She is being so snuggly, she would absolutely not leave Donald alone when he was here for his visit. She has really decided that she loves company and spends as much time cuddling on the couch with them as she can. She loves to snuggle up next to me too, any time I sit anywhere in the house, she comes running over and sits right next to me waiting to be pet and brushed. We got her a furrminator a few weeks ago. Anyone who knows what this is knows how amazing it is. Anyone who has not heard of it would be shocked!! it is a comb with a big handle and really tiny teeth. It pulls the undercoat and all the loose hair off her coat, it is just crazy effective. we end up with enormous balls of fur every time we brush her and she just loves it, mostly on her face, but all over too. it is too funny to see her flop over on her back with her feet in the air so we can get her tummy!! If I ever can snap a pic I will post it, but getting her to stay that way is not as easy.
Well I had better get going. We are tidy-ing up the house and getting ready to head out and about for a little while. I hope you have a great Sunday.
lots of love,
Ally and baby

No comments:
Post a Comment