Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Only 5 days to go...Yikes! ;)

So wow, we are definitely in countdown stage now.
Only 5 days left, I cannot believe it!

We are both so excited and anxious by turns, and at the moment scrambling to get all the last minute things done. I am still needing to pack our bags for the hospital, but at least I have it mostly done. It is my top task for today. Just finishing up some laundry so I can have the things I want all ready to go. We need to install the car seat base this weekend and have it inspected so thats taken care of. Then general cleaning before the family arrives. Hopefully I can get a few small things done today without overdoing it. ;) wish me luck on that one!

We had a visit to the doctor yesterday and found that we are now 2 1/2 centimeters dilated from not even 1 last week, which is super exciting, and means that we do not need to go into the hospital the night before our inducement to get things started! Yeah! Of course the exam left me more than a little sore and cramped all day yesterday, but seems to have subsided mostly today.

I also go to get a mani/pedi yesterday and my brows done, so I feel ready to face just about anything now :D It was very relaxing and helped to rejuvenate me a bit.

Jamie has been super busy painting the house and changing out the batteries in the smoke detectors. The paint looks great! We chose a bright marigold for the kitchen and have started off by doing 2 accent walls for now to brighten things up. We will eventually do the rest, but for now it looks great!! He also did the 2 remaining walls in the master bedroom, and it looks so warm and cozy. He has one more coat to do on those two walls before they are done, but will do those this weekend while Im at the final baby shower. He and dad even moved our thermostat panel upstairs last weekend so that the room temperatures weren't so drastically off base. It has been a blessing this week to not be freezing or melting depending on the time of day!

All in all, things are coming together nicely. We are as prepared as we can be for our new addition. So here's hoping for a smooth delivery and a healthy baby!! We will do our very best to notify everyone once the baby arrives, and post when things get settled a bit. All our love to you all. Speak to you soon.

Love, Ally and Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment