We are super excited, next week my best friend and Logan's (to be) God mother, Lauren is coming for a visit to Austin! Haven't seen her since December and she has yet to meet Logan in person so it is very exciting for us all! I have no idea what we will do while she is here, but it totally does not matter so long as we get to visit!
I'm looking forward to my first mother's day. It still seems a bit surreal sometimes to look down at that beautiful little face and think that's my son...sigh! He is just as sweet as can be, I am loving getting to know him as he develops his personality. He smiles all the time now, especially when we are playing or talking together. He is quite the chatter, making may new sounds and tones, exploring his vocabulary. We have been learning words in Spanish and a little Italian and French to expose his ears to different things. It is fun to see him look at you and turn his head when he hears new things.
We are working on rolling over and sitting up. he has absolutely no desire to roll over, he likes laying on his back looking around at whatever he sees, usually the fan which he loves to watch! He is NOT a huge fan on being on his belly, but still hasnt quite figures out that the rolling thing means that he doesnt have to be on his belly any more... oh well, work in progress. The sitting up is cute and still a bit far from happening on his own. he bobbles his head a lot and kind of folds in half facing forward so its more of there's no more room for him to go forward than supporting himself up, but hey, it's super cute anyways!
He has decided however that instead of getting better at the longer sleep thing, he is going to get worse! his night used to look something like this: 5 or 5 1/2 hours when he first went down, then a 3 hour stint and then maybe 2 or 3 hours, then up at 8 and we're ok to go. Now it looks something like this: 3-4 hours at first, then 2 hours, then 1 hour eating and 1 hour sleeping and promptly up at 6:30 or 7!!! This of course looks something like this for me: NO sleep for Mama! I must figure out what we are doing wrong, as almost everyone Ive talked to says that their baby, grandbaby, etc slept "through the night" at 6 or 8 weeks!!! OK seriously, how did I miss the boat on that one? I'd like to know! Oh well, maybe someday I'll sleep again...oh wait no, not for another 18 years right?! ;)
Sleep deprivation aside, It really is wonderful being a mommy and I would not trade it for anything in the world. He is such a joy!
Oh yes and the birthday is coming up too... really looking forward to that as I am SUCH a fan of birthdays!! Getting to get dressed up and get lots of great phone calls! love, love, love it! cant wait!
Well, tah tah for now!
have a great day!
Love,

No comments:
Post a Comment